Disabled Parking Placards
A Permanent Florida Disabled Parking Placard may be issued to any individual with specific disabilities that limit or impair their ability to walk or who is certified as legally blind. Certification must be made by a physician or other certifying practitioner. The Permanent Placard is valid for 4 years and expires on the applicant’s birthday. Customers with temporary disabilities may apply for a Temporary Placard for up to 6 months. An additional placard may be issued to organizations or persons who certify they are frequent travelers or quadriplegic.
There is no charge for a four-year Permanent Disabled Parking Placard; the cost for a Temporary Disabled Parking Placard is $15.00. If a second Temporary Disabled Parking Placard is issued within a 12-month period, the second placard will be issued for no fee, regardless of the time period for which the physician has indicated it to be issued, not to exceed 6 months.
Placards must be hung on the rear-view mirror of any vehicle used to transport the disabled person(s). The permit number must be visible from the front of the vehicle.
Apply for or Renew a Florida Disabled Parking Placard (Orange County Residents only)
To apply for or renew a Permanent or Temporary Florida Disabled Parking Placard, please click on and complete the application below (Form 83039), including the Physician/ Certifying Practitioner's Statement of Certification. Additional instructions can be found on the application form.
Submit Your Application
Information For Florida Visitors
Florida recognizes all license plates and parking permits displaying the international symbol of accessibility that has been issued by any state or foreign country.
If your permit or plate does not display one of the international symbols of accessibility, visitors must obtain a Florida Temporary Disabled Parking Placard in person.
Domestic visitors must complete Form HSMV 83039, which must be signed by the visitor and the certifying authority (see below). Incomplete forms cannot be accepted. Certifying medical authorities include:
- A physician licensed under Chapter 458, Chapter 459 or Chapter 460;
- A podiatric physician licensed under Chapter 461;
- An optometrist licensed under Chapter 463;
- An advanced registered nurse practitioner licensed under Chapter 464, under the protocol of a licensed physician as stated above;
- A physician assistant licensed under Chapter 458 or Chapter 459; or
- A similarly licensed physician from another state if the application is accompanied by documentation of the physician’s licensure in the other state and a form HSMV 83039 signed by the out-of-state physician verifying his or her knowledge of this state’s eligibility guidelines.
Out-of-country visitors must complete the personal information section of Form HSMV 83039 and bring the following to our office:
- Valid parking permit issued by their country of residence (i.e. UK Blue Badge);
- Valid passport;
- Temporary address while visiting Florida; and
- $15.00 payment by cash, check, or money order in U.S. dollars.