We know you’re frustrated. We’re frustrated too. Thousands of Orange County residents have been impacted by state network outages in Tallahassee, so we’d like to explain what’s happening and what you can do next.
The State Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) recently updated its computer network to a new system. Unfortunately, errors in the system are causing intermittent outages statewide.
Why is this affecting me?
All motor vehicle services in Florida, from driver’s licenses to registration, tag and title, run off a centralized state computer network. When the state network goes down, we’re unable to serve customers.
Who is impacted?
The outages impact all Tax Collector offices across the state – not just Orange County. When the system goes down, Tax Collector offices are unable to process and/or print driver’s licenses.
What do I do now?
Many customers can update, renew or replace their driver’s license online. For those who cannot, we encourage you to reschedule your appointment on our website.
Many services can be completed quickly and easily online through the State’s new MyDMV system, including:
- Renewing your Driver’s License
- Replacing your Driver’s License
- Changing your License to Non-Driver ID
- Getting a Hardship License
- Updating your Social Security Number
Reschedule Your Appointment
- If you received a temporary license, your permanent driver’s license will be mailed to you.
- If you did not receive a temporary license, please reschedule your appointment on our website.
We apologize for the inconvenience.